Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total Time: 30 mins.
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir into butter and sugar mixture until combined. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Using an ice cream scoop (about 1/3 cup scoop), scoop batter onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2-3-inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown at the edges. Remove to a rack to cool completely.
5. Sandwich cookies with a big scoop of your favorite ice cream.
September 27, 2011 | Posted in:
by Mandy D.’s book, Colton, SD
1 lb Ground beef
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1Tbsp. worchester sauce
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 cup finely chopped spinach (optional)
2Tbsp. olive oil
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 diced tomato
2 tsp. oregano
Hoagie Rolls or French Bread Loaf
Mix the ground beef with the garlic, worchester sauce, and oregano. Add dashes of salt and pepper. Add the spinach. Divide mixture into 1-2 inch pieces and roll into balls. Place large skillet on the stove and add olive oil, turn to medium heat and add meatballs. Cook until no longer pink. Add tomato sauce, tomato, salt, pepper and oregano. Heat through.
Turn on the oven to 350 degrees. On a cookie sheet cut the hogie rolls or french bread and dig a small trench in the bread. Put meatballs into the trench of the bread and add sauce. Place strips of mozzerella cheese over the meatballs and sauce and put in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Add fries and a salad on the side.
Submitted by: Mandy D