Prep Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 1 hour 20 min.
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
3 apples, peeled, cored and cut into ¼-inch dice
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tbsp
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup 2% plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9” tube pan or large bundt.
2. Toss together chopped apples with 2 tbsp flour. Set aside.
3. Make streusel. In a medium sized bowl combine flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix together until mixture forms lumps and flour is fully combine with butter.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1-2 min. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
5. In a separate bowl combine 3 cups all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. On low speed add 1/3 of flour mixture, then add 1/3 of yogurt. Continue adding flour mixture and yogurt, alternating, until fully combined. Mix in apples just until combined.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Add streusel to the top in an even layer. Bake for 1 hour until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 mins., before removing from tin to cool completely.